Monday, March 1, 2010

44th day, 6th week in USA

Had some free time today, so I decided to post some updates on my activities for the past 2 weeks. I tried Columbian food which was absolutely superb, especially the desert and the fried banana. I had the chance to experience Houston's CNY, unbelievable wasn't it? Frankly, there're lots of Asians in Houston, it's beyond my expectation to encounter more Asians and Hispanic here. Well, afterall we're still TEXANS! Teresa brought me to watch a lion dance in Bellaire last weekend, it was crowded; even Americans came to join the excitement. 50 firecrackers at least were burnt; they were loud. Last Friday, Pier (Teresa's bro) treated us with a great dinner, mmmmm deliciosa! The serviche was good! And this weekend, I attended Seidy's birthday party which was a blast though it was only amongst family members. FELIZ CUMPLEANOS SEIDY! I bought her a set of Barbie accessories and a Hello Kitty soft toy; she liked it obviously. I'm gonna be occupied next weekend as I'm going to Dallas, so I wouldn't have time for updates. Can't wait for the rodeo show on the following weekend!


In front of Buddhist temple in Bellaire


Roaring lion dance


3 milk cream cake;Columbian style; EXCELLENT


With the bday girl!


Carlos caught a glimpse of the greedy girl, while Heydi looked tempted

PS: Realizing the fact that it has already been more than a month since I arrived, I don't want time to pass by so fast. It's not because I dont wanna go home, but there are too much for me to live through and that time needs to move slower for me to have sufficient time to enjoy the most out of these 6 months. Still, I love you, everyone at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment