Friday, June 22, 2012

I don't know what to say here :)

So here goes ze updates with mi favorito cancion- Someone Like You, playing in the background :)

For the past weeks since the break started, I've been committed in this so called jogging stint that I deemed to have shaped myself. With the Standard Chartered Run coming up haha, I'm pretty excited since it's my first 10km run, just realized my last one was in 2005; 7km SJ Run which I finished 68th. I've always wanted to challenge myself in 10km but ya know, the excuses parents give when they're too over protective over their kids. The what-if's tend to bombard us when it comes to involving our safety etc.

Since it's the sem break, you might have already assumed that I'd taken my end of semester examinations and the results were released not too long ago. I was QUITE satisfied with the results, of course. I expected worse but yeah, it turned out better than I expected, much I would say. Btw, I have low expectations :P. But the thing is, is it just ME or does it apply to almost everyone? When you receive something better than what you've expected, it kinda leads you to unnecessary thoughts that revolves around comparing what you've got with that of others, thus craving for more! That's something that I want to get rid off. No matter what, I thank God for what I'm blessed with.

Besides exams in escuela, I'd Spanish exams, too. Well, so many had asked why Spanish??!! INTEREST, that's all. I've been to the States and I love how the language involves passion in communication; there's just this good aura that I could feel in people who speak Spanish; if that makes sense. Anyway, I passed the first level and hopefully I would be able to continue to at least the intermediate level.

Enough of espanol (es-pa-nyol), now birthdays! First, it was Sze's and Jez's, then Elaine's, followed by mine. June baby, yeah! For their birthdays, I'd taken initiatives to surprise them but according to them, my surprises weren't surprises, hence, declared me as a failure in surprises. For mine, I'd told them not to surprise me, you know, surprising others makes you a more experienced one that you become constantly aware of surprises when your birthday is around the corner. So, they'd brought me to Kissaten in Jaya One. I've been there once with kor and the food is pretty good. When I was asked on what to eat for dinner that day, I'd actually mentioned Kissaten so Jez (without the others) brought me there and how amazing to see them already there! Amazing telepathy between Sze (who suggested Kissaten) and me! I wondered what'd happened if I'd choose another restaurant. The tradition has always been this. We celebrate birthdays for each other, that's what good friends do for each other. I'm blessed to have them in my life :).

I guess I'd better sign off now. Hope this minor cold of mine does not affect my SC run on Sunday. Semester 2 is starting in about 2 days so it's again time to get back on track; hopefully this is a better sem for a better GPA. Kelly Clarkson- Stronger, playing now.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
 "Lo que no mata te hace más fuerte"  #justcurioustoknowsoigoogledit

Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment